Sugar Cookie Bars


Okay, these are the best way to do sugar cookies FAST.  And I mean, FAST!

My life-long friend Mykalee share them with me, and I'm not sure where she dug this gem of a recipe up, but it's become a huge hit in our home.  recently, it was requested by several friends from the cast of The Wizard of Oz, and I am flattered they've loved them so much they want a copy of the recipe!  So, friends, here it is!




Sugar Cookie Bars
Yields: At least 3 dozen
Time: 45 minutes

1 c soft Margarine
2 c Sugar
4 Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Soda
5 c Flour

Yup, that's it.

 Mix all the ingredients well and then I do lightly grease my cookie pan before manipulating the dough into it.  I also spray my rolling pin and hands a bit too and it works so much easier than dusting with flour, IMO.

Get the dough in that cookie sheet until you've got one smooth and large rectangular cookie.  We'll cut it up AFTER we bake it.

Bake at 375* for 10-15 minutes.  It doesn't brown too much, so be careful of that.  If it's kinda fluffy, I give it an extra minute or two, and then test it with a toothpick.

After it's cooled completely, I lather on the frosting.  Sure you can cheat and use a jar.  I won't tell.

But if you want the best stuff, go with this:

Frosting:
1/2 c Butter
1/2 c butter flavored Shortening
1 tsp Vanilla
pinch of Salt
5 T Milk
4 c Powdered Sugar


This makes a LOT of frosting and I use ALL OF IT.  I know, I know, but seriously, they're kinda thick cookies, so ya know.... just do it!

Sprinkle if ya want!  And then slice with a cookie cutter.  They're pretty rich, so I go at least 8 across and 5 down, but sometimes it's better to go even a bit smaller.

Enjoy!


This recipe is also works wonders for Fruit Pizza.  Just sayin'.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHEWY COCONUT COOKIES

Quik 'n EZ Breadsticks