Quik 'n EZ Breadsticks

These are a huge hit at my house. I'll forever be in debt to my friend Jamie at Jamie Cooks It Up for sharing this one!

I don't think my version has altered from hers in any significant way, so this recipe is courtesy of her! I use different salt and less butter, but it's her recipe all the way.


Quik 'n EZ Breadsticks
Yields: 36 small bread sticks
Time: 45 minutes

*I have started using Bread Flour for bread sticks and rolls, and have seen a big improvement, but you can use either for this recipe, I have found.

1 1/2 c warm water
2 T sugar
1 T yeast
1/2 tsp salt
4 c flour
1/3 c melted butter
Grated Parmesan Cheese
Seasoned Salt

-Mix the water, sugar and yeast, and let it sit 5 minutes.

-Add the salt and one cup of flour at a time.

-Mix on HIGH for 5 minutes, then let it rest for 5 minutes.

-I roll the dough out until it's a pretty good sized rectangle that I can then manipulate into a lightly greased cookie pan.

-Spread dough out with your fingers and then I softly smooth with a large cup or rolling pin.

-Brush on melted butter, sprinkle seasonings and cheese.

-Slice with a pizza cutter, before baking! Sometimes I go three rows, sometimes I just do long sticks and only half the pan before cutting them into 1" sticks.

-Raise in a pre-heated 170* oven for 15-20 minutes, and then just crank up the heat and finish baking at 350* for 12-15 minutes or until they're brown enough for ya.


MY SECRET TRICK....

So....
After I've got it all smoothed out, but BEFORE I season, I take a thick piece of tin foil and wedge it down one third of the way through the pan.  I salt and cheese the 2/3 side.  Then on the other side, using the foil as a 'wall' I spread lots of brown sugar and cinnamon on.  Then we have dessert.  I just open a jar of quick and easy frosting, from Pillsbury or Betty Crocker and VIOLA!  Cinna sticks.


Use a little extra butter.

Spread it around....

Slice a portion: about 1/3 of it or so.

Add a tinfoil wall.

Spread brown sugar and cinnamon on one side.  Either side. ;)

Finish slicing it up.

Bake as directed.... and you'll have cinna sticks!


Sometimes I 'wall' it half way, other times, we skip the bread sticks and just do easy Cinna Sticks for a crowd.  When I'm feeling ambitious, I make homemade frosting.  But suffice it to say, we use this trick A LOT.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHEWY COCONUT COOKIES

Sugar Cookie Bars