Apple & Sage Pork

Ingredients:
3 tsp Rubbed Sage
2 tsp Minced Garlic (dry)
2 tsp Thyme
1 tsp Allspice (you can make your own allspice!  Did you know that??)
1 tsp Paprika
2 TBS Flour
1 1/2 tsp Salt
4-8 boneless pork chops (1 inch thick--I usually fillet mine so they are only an inch thick)
1 med onion, sliced or diced
3/4 c apple juice
1 1/2 TBS brown sugar
2 red apples thinly sliced and cored

Directions:

Mix flour, all the spices and salt in a bowl. Rub/Sprinkle both sides of chops with the seasoned flour.

Cook chops in a large skillet that has about 2 TBS hot oil in it, on med-high heat until browned on both sides. ( Do not cook thoroughly through just yet.)

Remove meat from pan and saute onion and apples.

Stir in juice, sugar, and any remaining seasoned flour until mixed well.

Add meat back in, bring to a boil, then turn to low, cover and simmer for 5 minutes or so.



This was a McCormick dish that I tried.  In Winco, over by the sandwich meats and hot dogs, there was an end cap with these pre-made spice packets.  I bought one to try.  MY FAMILY LOVED this dish, to my surprise!  I found that I had bought 4 thick pork chops and when I filleted them, I didn't have enough of the seasoned flour...so this recipe is a doubled version of the little $2 season packet I bought.

I found that you can make all spice on your own.  It's 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp ginger, and 1 tsp cloves. Mix well. Or if you want more or less of those ingredients you can do a 1 to 1 ratio.  Kinda fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHEWY COCONUT COOKIES

Quik 'n EZ Breadsticks

Chocolate Milk Shakes